Friday, January 16, 2009

The ultimate site for Hindi songs

I don't know if you're aware of this site called http://bollango.com. I'm just thrilled to get this site. I feel it's no doubt one of the best and most comprehensive sites for Hindi songs. You would just freak out once you see it. It has downloadable MP3 for a wide range of songs. The search engine is just awesome. It has songs by almost anyone you can think of. You can search for any combination, say songs written by Sahir, composed by R D Burman and sung by Kishore Kumar. That's an easy one. You may try for a song composed by Rahman and written by Rabindranath Tagore - well there are in fact two - Rahman's version of Jana Gana Mana and Ekla Chalo
Re (from the movie Subhas Chandra Bose).

Also it has a classification based in raagas. That's really cool.

Do you guys know of such an exhaustive site for English songs? I'd be interested to know sites that have good MP3 of the Rock-n-Roll, Jazz, Blues Age. My dad used to have a good collection of long play records of Harry Belafonte, Pat Boon, Nat King Cole, Elvis, Jim Reeves, Paul Robson, Pete Seger and many more. I grew up with these songs and hence still have a special feelings for them, though very few people listen to all these now-a-days!! Even I don't get good collections of these songs in any store in India. Though I'm against piracy, but then when the only place to get these songs is perhaps internet I can't help!! If you know of a really good site for listening and downloading English/Latino/Spanish/any Western songs please let us know!!

Thanks & Regards,
Sudipto

No comments: